If you are looking for an inexpensive blender that can be used for basic applications, the Hamilton Beach 58148A Power Elite Multi-Function Blender may be a good option. It’s designed to crush ice and to blend tough ingredients, providing smooth and even results each and every time. It features a generously sized 40-ounce glass blending jar in addition to Hamilton Beach’s patented Ice Sabre blends. What really sets it apart from the competition, however, is the unique Wave Action system which helps to pull ingredients down into the crushing blades. These are just a few of the many unique and useful features it has to offer. To learn more about the Hamilton Beach Power Elite Multi-Function Blender, review the list of features as well as the pros and cons discussed below.
This Hamilton Beach blender comes with everything you would expect – a blending jar with lid included and the motor housing and base. What sets this model apart from others is the fact that it has twelve functions plus Pulse which means that you can whip up a wide variety of different ingredients. Additionally, it features Wave-Action technology which helps pull ingredients down into the blade to ensure smooth and even consistency. The jar itself is made from BPA-free glass and it features a no-mess pour spout plus a hinged lid that allows you to add liquid during use. The jar is dishwasher-safe for easy cleanup and the blender housing comes with cord storage as well. The motor offers 700 watts of power and it is covered by a 3-year warranty which is longer than what many brands have to offer. With proper use and cleaning, this product can last well past the warranty, however.
So what comes with the Hamilton Beach Blender? Here is a list of features and accessories:
- A powerful 700-watt peak power base with 12 blending functions
- A BPA-free 40-ounce glass jar with hinged cap
- Stainless steel Ice Sabre blades with Wave-Action technology
- A user guide and recipe book plus 3-year limited warranty
The primary benefit of this Hamilton Beach blender is its versatility. It is marketed as being “multi-function” and, with 12 different functions, it lives up to its name. Not only is it able to crush ice and handle tough ingredients, but it is backed by a 3-year warranty to make sure you get your money’s worth. Plus, with a no-mess pouring spout and dishwasher-safe parts, this blender is also easy to clean.
Additional pros include:
- A large BPA-free 40-ounce glass jar with no-mess pour spout
- A powerful 700-watt peak power base
- Stainless steel Ice Sabre blade design with Wave-Action technology
- Easy push-button operation and 12 blending functions plus Pulse
- Dishwasher-safe parts for quick and easy clean-up
- Protected by a 3-year limited warranty
This Hamilton Beach blender was designed for versatility but some users have found that it is not as powerful as they would like. Other users have noted that small parts on the blender base are attached with adhesive and may come off if you aren’t careful. Dishwasher cleaning may also cause the parts to wear out sooner than sponge cleaning.
Additional cons include:
- Repeated dishwasher cleaning may cause expedited wear
- Some parts are attached with adhesive – may come off
- May require extra liquid to blend tough ingredients and to ensure even results