If you are in the market for a top-quality blender that offers an impressive array of features, look no further than the KitchenAid 5-speed blender. It’s a high-powered kitchen appliance that does more than just blend – it chops, purees, crushes, and liquefies everything from ice cubes to fruit smoothies. Because it’s is made by KitchenAid, you can be sure that it was designed with a special eye to quality and that it will last for many years to come. To learn more about the KitchenAid 5-speed mixer, review the list of features as well as the pros and cons discussed below.
The KitchenAid 5-speed is more than just a blender – it is a multi-purpose kitchen appliance that serves the purpose of a food processor, a smoothie maker, a vegetable chopper, and an ice crusher all in one. Perhaps the most innovative feature included is the Intelli-Speed Motor Control feature which automatically senses the contents in the blender jar and then maintains the ideal speed for those specific ingredients. With this appliance you don’t have to worry about chunks of unprocessed ingredients being left behind.
As you may have guessed from the name, the KitchenAid 5-speed blender does indeed offer five different speeds. It enables you to stir, chop, mix, puree, or liquefy your ingredients as needed – it even has a special crush ice feature which pulses the blade at specific intervals for maximum ice crushing power. The KitchenAid 5-speed blender also includes the innovative Soft Start Feature which starts off at a low speed to pull the ingredients toward the blade then rapidly increases the speed for maximum efficiency.
Additional features are listed below:
- Sturdy die-case metal base, 15.2x9x7 inches
- Steel-reinforced coupler, coated for quiet operation
- 0.9 HP motor with Intelli-Speed Motor Control
- Solid, 1-piece stainless-steel blade that prevents trapped food
- Clean-Touch Control Panel that easily wipes clean
- Lightweight, BPA-free, 56-ounce pitcher (stain-, scratch-, and shatter-resistant)
- Soft-Grip pitcher handle for comfortable use
- Available in multiple colors
Overall, the KitchenAid 5-Speed is a versatile and easy-to-use blender. It was designed with several customer-friendly features including the Clean-Touch control panel and the Soft-Grip handle on the easy-pour pitcher. The main benefit, of course, is the fact that it offers five different motor speeds as well as a dedicated ice crushing option.
- High-speed motor with 5 options for versatile function
- Dedicated ice crushing motor function
- One-piece stainless-steel blade design eliminates trapped food and the need to disassemble the blender
- Clean-Touch control panel easily wipes clean with a damp cloth
- Included 56-ounce pitcher is lightweight enough for everyone to use and features a Soft-Grip handle for comfort
For the most part, the KitchenAid 5-Speed gives you what you pay for. It may not be top-of-the-line, but it will definitely get the job done. Depending which pitcher you purchase, you may experience some leakage after a while – this is more common with the polycarbonate pitcher than the glass pitcher and it can be avoided by using caution when cleaning and assembling the blender.
- Pitcher is prone to leaks with heavy repeated use
- Polycarbonate pitcher is less durable and more prone to leaking than glass pitcher
- Somewhat more expensive than similar models by other companies
- Heavy use may result in burning motor