Whether you are making smoothies, pureeing soups, or crushing ice, the Vitamix 1782 TurboBlend blender will get the job done. This high-powered appliance features a two-speed motor with 2 peak horsepower to crush through even the toughest of ingredients. The Vitamix 1782 TurboBlend can crush ice just as easily as it rips through tough vegetable peels and frozen fruit, all without burning out the motor or producing excess heat. The fact that the Vitamix 1782 doesn’t produce any heat while running ensures that all of the natural enzymes found in raw food are preserved, thus ensuring that you get the maximum nutritional benefit from your food. If you are looking for a top-quality device that will last you for many years to come, look no further than the TurboBlend. You will find more information including the list of features as well as pros and cons discussed below.
The Vitamix 1782 TurboBlend features a super-efficient two-speed 2 peak horsepower motor which was specially designed to whip through even the toughest ingredients. Not only is it extra-powerful, but it is guaranteed not to burn out or to produce heat during operation. The addition of a lockable lid keeps your ingredients inside during use by creating a snug fit that still allows for easy removal. In addition to the high-powered 120-volt motor and sharp blades, the Vitamix 1782 TurboBlend also comes with a patented tamper tool that helps to blend thick ingredients by preventing the formation of air pockets. With this device you never have to worry about chunks of ice or frozen fruit being left in the bottom.
The Vitamix 1782 has two speeds which can be used to efficiently process whole foods, including frozen fruits and vegetables, with ease. It features a large 64-ounce blender pitcher made from BPA-free Eastman Tritan copolyester for maximum durability and chemical resistance. The TurboBlend also comes with laser-cut stainless steel blades to guarantee consistency, powered by a 120-volt 2-peak horsepower base and motor. Perhaps the most impressive feature, however, is the radial cooling fan and the thermal protection system which prevents the unit from producing heat during operation.
Additional features are listed below:
- High-powered 120-volt, 2 peak HP motor with two speeds (high and low)
- Newly re-designed lockable lid fits snugly on the pitcher but is still easy to remove
- Large 64-ounce BPA-free blender pitcher made from Eastman Tritan copolyester
- Laser-cut, stainless steel cutting blades for smooth consistency
- Spill-proof lid allows you to add ingredients during use without turning machine off
- Tamper tool makes it easier to pulverize thick ingredients like frozen desserts and peanut butter
- Included recipe book with delicious, easy-to-prepare recipes
Though it may only have two speeds, most users of the Vitamix 1782 do not miss having a third, intermediate speed. The Vitamix 1782 TurboBlend is powered by a 2 horsepower motor which provides enough power to crush through even the toughest of ingredients with a smooth, consistent blend each and every time.
Additional pros include:
- 2-speed motor is highly efficient – doesn’t burn out when mixing thick ingredients
- Motor doesn’t produce heat – preserves natural enzymes in raw foods
- Large 64-ounce BPA-free pitcher is durable and chemical-resistant
- Comes with a handy recipe inspiration book
- Covered by a full 5-year warranty
Though the TurboBlend is a truly impressive appliance, it does have certain drawbacks. In addition to being a fairly expensive unit when compared to other blenders, this blender is also larger than most which may make it difficult to store.
Additional cons include:
- Fairly expensive for the service it provides
- Only provides two speeds – high and low, may not work for all applications
- Fairly large unit (taller than most), may be difficult to store